Every family has their own favorites cookies for Christmas and my family is no exception. I think my brother could eat a whole batch of these at one time. As a matter of fact, I probably could, too. No low fat, no carb counting, just plain yummy cookies. Add your recipe to the comments if you like or email it to me and I’ll post it here with your name.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. • Cream butter until fluffy, add sugar and vanilla • Add flour, fold in nuts. • Roll into balls or crescents and bake 15-18 minutes. • After cookies cool, sprinkle with more powdered sugar.
Amazing Molasses Cookies from my buddy, Mary Jane Selle. Many fattening thanks…
- 3/4 cup of Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of molasses,
- 1 egg
Sift the following together then add to wet ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, cloves and ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Roll into balls about the size of walnuts (about one rounded spoonful). Roll in colored sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. While warm they’re nice and soft. They harden and are crunchy a day later. Perfect for dipping in hot chocolate!
Merry Christmas from Mary Jane!